Thursday, September 30, 2010

Asian Crunch Salad

This is one of my favorite salads. I find any excuse to make it..
There are no exact measurements for this salad. Add as much as you would like of anything. I will tell you how much I add and you can modify.
Ingredients:
Romain Lettuce
Red or Green Cabbage  (I like Green)
1/4 cup Peanuts
1 cup Edamame beans
1 cup Matchstick Carrots
2 Limes
1 bunch of Cilantro
Wontons
Rice noodles or sticks
1 bottle Peanut Sauce
1 tsp. Ginger
1 bunch of green onions
2 Chicken Breasts

Directions:
1. Heat about 2 inches of oil to 400 degrees. After oil is heated cook wontons till they are nice and crispy. Remove from oil and set aside to cool. Add rice noodles to oil and they will cook really fast. When done set these aside to cool as well.
 2. Cut chicken into cubes or strips. Add salt and pepper and ginger to chicken.
3. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl and add rice noodles and wontons just before serving so they don't get soggy.
4. to make the dressing you will need  a food processor, add the cilantro the juice of two limes and the peanut sauce. After it is all mixed add one teaspoon on lime zest. Toss over salad
ENJOY!





1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious! I love Asian type salads. Did you see the one I just made? Great picture:)

    ReplyDelete