Monday, September 13, 2010

Pecorino Pasta

Pecorino Pasta

This pasta turned out delicious! It's from Cooking Light, best recipes of 2010.



Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta
8 ounces uncooked pasta
8 ounces ground Italian sausage
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup vertically sliced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped (I didn't use that many)
6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided
1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

I added broccoli to it since I had some on hand, I also think asparagus and mushrooms would be good to add.

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook for 4 minutes, stir occasional. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and basil.
Yield: 4 servings  Serving size: 2 cups pasta mixture

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I don't cook with sausage very much so this will be something a little different for my family. I love the idea of adding asparagus! I will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete