- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
1. In large bowl, combine 2 TBS cornstarch, 2 TBS water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, stir-fry beef in 1 TBS oil until beef is cooked; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger ad remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.